Minutes of 16th Annual General Meeting
DDU Alumni Association
23rd April 2013
The sixteenth annual general meeting of the Dharmsinh Desai University Alumni Association was held in the seminar hall of D.D.U. on 23/04/2013 at 05:30 p.m. The Agenda for the meeting and the members present there in are as per the attachment.
1. The First Vice Precedent Prof. C. P. Patel, chaired the meeting as the President had conveyed for leave of absence. He called the meeting to order and welcomed the members to AGM and D.D. University.
2. The minutes of the 15th AGM was read out by the Secretary and confirmed as there were no comments.
3. Annual report of the activities carried out by the Association was presented by Dr. P. A. Joshi, Secretary which was approved and adopted. Click Here to download the Annual Report for the year 2012-2013
4. The audited accounts for the year 2012-2013 were presented by Prof. G. R. Patel, Treasurer and were accepted.
5. The budget for the year 2013-2014 was presented by the Treasurer and was accepted after discussion.
6. The Association has been felicitating its members who have performed excellently in their field of profession and have served Alma Mater and society. This year also the Association had identified three such alumni and has decided to felicitate them for noteworthy achievements in their respective field and contribution to their Alma Mater and society at large.
The Alumni who were felicitated are as under:
(i) Shri B. D. Dalwadi
Bharuch Enviro Infrastructure Ltd.
Enviro Tech. Ltd.
The introduction of B. D. Dalwadi was given by Mihir P. Shah and Award was presented by Prof. C. P. Patel.
(ii) Shri Kapil Bhansal
The introduction of Kapil Bhansal was given by S. S. Khandelwal and Award was presented by Prof. D. G. Panchal, Dean Faculty of Technology.
(iii) Harshil Badami
Deputy General Manager
The introduction of Harshil Badami was given by Nikhil Khotari and Award was presented by Shri Jaimin Vasa.
7. Outstanding alumni gave their feedback and talked about their experience and feelings for their Alma Mater.
8. Prof. D. G. Panchal, Dean Faculty of Technology had given brief idea about the progress and achievement of the university.
9. The Secretary Dr. P. A. Joshi has given information about world record event i.e. Eye Donation Pledge and informed that the felicitation of the donor students and University is planned during next convocation in a grand manner.
10. With the permission of chair, D.D.U. Connect group gave idea about online registration for the membership of D.D.U. Alumni Association on the newly restructured website of the Association.
11. The First Vice Precedent Prof. C. P. Patel launched website for the online registration for the membership DDU Alumni Association.
12. Mr. Jaimin Vasa announced that DDUAA Ahmedabad Chapter will donate 3 lakh rupees in this current year for the loan scholarship fund and in response to his announcement Prof. H R Shah declared his contribution of Rs. 11,000/- on the spot, which was hailed by one and all.
13.Mr. Akshy Parikh announced that local action commits will donate 2 lakh rupees in this current year for the loan scholarship fund.
14.Mr. Akshy Parikh gave vote of thanks to the outstanding alumni, all Alumni members and Guests and invited all members for the entertainment program followed by dinner.
15. As there was no other business the meeting ended with thanks to the chair.